Friday, November 27, 2015

Week 13 Scorecast and Predictions





Jeremy

UGA @ Georgia Tech - Since the Dawgs fell apart in Jacksonville, they've pieced together three straight wins. However, it hasn't been because the offense has become a juggernaut. Their defense has played extremely well and allowed them to be victorious. On the other hand, Georgia Tech has been miserable since their upset of Top 10 ranked Florida State. Much like the Southern game last week, the rivalry will have the Jackets giving the Bulldogs their best shot. I like the Georgia defense here. I think they hold the Bees down enough for their offense to get a cover here. Georgia 24-17

FSU @ Florida - The Gators have looked very similar to Georgia since their clash a few weeks ago. The offense has been anemic, but the defense has managed to save the day. The problem is that they've been playing mediocre to poor teams. The Seminoles aren't the team they were two years ago, or even last year, but they're still a step up in competition. The Gator defense and the home crowd will keep them in this. But I think Noles will have a little bit more of an offensive punch than the Treon Harris led Gator offense. FSU 20-17

Alabama @ Auburn - The Tide have become the best team in the country. Their offense is bruising behind Derrick Henry. Their defensive front seven is as good as I've seen in a long time in college. Auburn just hasn't been quite right this season. Their QB play has been uninspired and they haven't found the running game that makes their offense click. I know this is one of the biggest rivalries in sport. But I've picked against Bama with a big number like this in a number of games and have been burned every time. Not this time. Alabama 35-17

Ohio State @ Michigan -  The Buckeyes have been flirting with disaster all year and it finally caught up to them last week against Michigan State. I don't disagree with Ezekiel Elliott's comments that he should have been more involved in the offense, but I am concerned when and how he decided to air those concerns. In total, I'm worried about the Buckeye's psyche at this point. Michigan, on the other hand, has everything to win in this game. They've been owned by the team from the south for the past few years and the khaki panted savior has Michigan peaked for his first test against the Buckeyes. They get Ohio State at home. Honestly, Urban Meyer's teams have been really good when everything is going their way and mediocre when not (think back to that dysfunctional 8-5 Gator team). I like Michigan to walk away with the win here (and possibly the Big 12 East title if Sparty lets down against Penn State). Michigan 28-24


Brian

UGA @ Georgia Tech - This may be the worst Georgia team I've seen under Mark Richt. The 8-3 record is very deceptive. I do believe the defense is playing well, but I question how great the opponents' offenses are that UGA has played recently. Nonetheless, the defense has done their job. Georgia Tech is a mystery after their Orange Bowl appearance last season. For some reason, I feel this game still means more to Tech than UGA, which will keep it much closer than it should. I like UGA by a field goal, but not to cover. Georgia 24-21

FSU @ Florida - I've been on Florida's bandwagon all season, saying they are better than people think. Florida's offensive performances the last few weeks have really made me question how good they are now. As for FSU, it's definitely been an up and down year, with a black eye loss to Tech. Will the rumors about Jimbo going to LSU affect anything? Even though the Gators are playing for much more than the Seminoles, I feel FSU has enough play makers and a good enough defense to upset the Gators in Gainesville. Florida State 27-14

Alabama @ Auburn - Remember that mediocre Georgia team I was referencing above? Yea, Auburn lost to them - at home. I know Alabama is a different story, in terms of Auburn hating Alabama more than Georgia and wanting to spoil the Tide's season. However, Alabama is a much better team than Georgia. Alabama's defense has been lights out lately, and it takes exceptional QB play to beat Alabama. Neither Jeremy Johnson or Sean White will be the answer. I think the Tide roll easily. Alabama 38-10

Ohio State @ Michigan -  I was shocked at how Ohio State looked against Michigan State last week. You would think a team coming off a national title would look more hungry than the Buckeyes did. While Ohio State has a lot to play for still, I feel Michigan is trending upward more as a team and program right now. I like the Wolverines at home to get a huge win for Harbaugh. Michigan 31-27


Keppel

UGA @ Georgia Tech - Eat me. Georgia wins

FSU @ Florida - Order online for discounts. Florida State wins

Alabama @ Auburn - Y-M-C-A! Alabama wins

Ohio State @ Michigan -  ewjfkwjekfjkewfewf

2 comments: