Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 10 Scorecast and Predictions





Synopses:

Jeremy

1. Auburn @ Texas A&M - I will give the Tigers credit for one thing: they haven't thrown in the towel. They fought hard against Ole Miss last week. The other good news is that they get to face the swiss cheese-like A&M defense this week. Sure, they'll give up some points to the Aggies, but I like the Tigers to keep this one close. Especially if they can figure out a way to run the ball effectively (which everyone does against A&M). Texas A&M 38-34

2. TCU @ Oklahoma State - The Cowboys got down big last week but managed to come back and hang 70 on a Texas Tech team in a dangerous game. TCU finally looked like the team we expected coming into the season last week against WVU. This game is flying under the radar but really could be spectacular to watch. It's the complete opposite of the LSU/Alabama game. Expect points in bunches here. Stillwater can be a dangerous environment, so I'm going with the upset here. Oklahoma State 42-41

3. Florida State @ Clemson - Florida State hasn't been quite right all year. It finally bit them against Georgia Tech. Even bouncing back last week wasn't the same Seminole team we are used to. Clemson is #1 in the first CFB Playoff Poll. Everything in my being is waiting on the Tigers to Clemson a game this year. But they get a Seminole team that just doesn't impress me enough to get the job done. I may eat my words on Sunday, but I like the Tigers to get this done and in impressive fashion. Clemson 31-17

4. LSU @ Alabama - Here we are in yet another Game of the Century between LSU and Alabama. It's not quite to the level it was a few years ago, but this game does include the SEC's two best teams and that usually means two of the best in the country. I know Alabama placed high in the initial CFB Playoff Poll. Here's the problem, they looked great against UGA and A&M on the road. Are those teams who we thought they were when Alabama played them? The answer is no. Bama's best win is still against Wisconsin. Not that LSU has faced the meat of their schedule yet. Both of these teams are facing off against the best team they will face all year. I think that means the offenses will struggle. Can Leonard Fournette find room against the Bama front 7? I think he'll find a little but not much. In other words, I think LSU keeps it close and covers, but Bama's QB makes more plays to win the game outright. Alabama 20-17


Brian

1. Auburn @ Texas A&M - I keep picking Auburn, and it will probably keep biting me. But, I still see fight in this team, despite losing two weeks in a row against Arkansas (4 OT) and Ole Miss. Lawson seemed to make a notable impact on Auburn's defense. Texas A&M wasn't exactly impressive versus South Carolina. I like the Aggies at home in a close one. Texas A&M 34-31

2. TCU @ Oklahoma State - Last week, the Cowboys beat the Red Raiders 70-53. Does this conference play defense? TCU has more known and proven playmakers, but with the way these teams score, I could really see this going either way. I will stick with TCU given they've played in the spotlight for more games. TCU 48-42

3. Florida State @ Clemson - FSU QB Everett Golson and RB Dalvin Cook did not play against Syracuse, but the Noles' backups performed well in their absence, especially QB Sean Maguire. It is uncertain who will be playing for FSU this weekend. Even if the backups play again, 12 points is a lot. I like Clemson to win at home, but not by 12. Clemson 31-24

4. LSU @ Alabama - I think Alabama is definitely a more complete and balanced team. Yes, Fournette is the best RB in the country, but it's not like Derrick Henry is bad. In fact, he's really good. I think Coker is a better QB than Harris. The defenses are probably a wash, with a slight edge to Alabama. I am picking the Tide, but do not think they will cover. Alabama 24-21


Keppel

1. Auburn @ Texas A&M - Pick it up now. Texas A&M wins

2. TCU @ Oklahoma State - Keep on fighting until the beginning. TCU wins

3. Florida State @ Clemson - Let's see what happens before. Clemson wins

4. LSU @ Alabama - I'm not hearing it, i'm not fearing it. Alabama wins

1 comment: